Denver Truck Accident Attorney
Award-Winning Experience in Truck Accident Cases
At Dan Caplis Law, attorney Dan Caplis has successfully represented many clients in major truck accident cases in Colorado and beyond. Because of the sheer size and speed of trucks in comparison with other vehicles on the road, these accidents can be devastating, often causing catastrophic injury or death. Our Denver truck accident lawyers work hard to advocate on behalf of injured victims, going up against negligent trucking drivers and large trucking companies to demand full, complete and prompt compensation.
Proving Truck Driver Negligence
A negligent truck driver might cause an accident because of any of the following:
- Failing to check blind spots
- Making lane changes and turns too quickly
- Being overworked or overly tired
- Lack of proper vehicle maintenance
- Overloaded trucks
At Dan Caplis Law we retain top trucking industry expert witnesses, as well as engineers and accident reconstruction experts to ensure that trucking companies are held fully liable for all of the harm they cause. The following are some potential causes to consider before filing a truck crash personal injury claim:
- Inadequate Training– Some accidents may be caused by inadequate training, meaning the driver of the truck was not properly trained in the operation of the vehicle and it led to the accident.
- Unrealistic Schedules– Some trucking companies reward drivers for hurrying without considering the risks involved. Carelessness of this sort can lead to accidents.
- Unsecured Cargo – If a truck is improperly loaded, cargo from the vehicle could fall into traffic and lead to an accident. Unsecured cargo that causes an accident may be the result of improper restraints or error on the part of those responsible for loading cargo.
- Distracted Driving – The use of cell phones while driving is illegal and can lead to serious accidents. Other examples of distracted driving include distractions from passengers, navigation systems, and eating and drinking.
- Drowsy Driving – Federal regulations limit the amount of hours a truck driver can drive as drowsy driving can cause serious accidents resulting in life-threatening injuries.
- Dangerous Roads – The improper maintenance of roadways can lead to accidents. Those responsible, the construction company or government agency may be held responsible.
Statute of Limitations for Truck Accident Claims
According to the Colorado Revised Statutes section 13-80-102(1)(a) you have up to two years to file a claim in a personal injury case including truck accident cases. In the event that the accident has resulted in the wrongful death of a loved one you have up to three years to file your claim. It's important that you contact an attorney sooner rather than later as there may be important documentation that needs to be collected such as photographic evidence from the scene of the accident, witness testimonies, or medical records.
COMPENSATION FOR TRUCK ACCIDENT INJURIES
When a person is injured in a car accident, they may suffer from a myriad of injuries, such as:
- Seat belt injuries
- Broken bones
More serious truck wrecks can result in catastrophic injuries, such as brain and spinal injuries or severe burn injuries. If you have been injured in a truck accident, our firm has the experience to help. Let our Denver truck accident lawyers provide the legal counsel and courtroom representation you need after your accident.
Lack of Training Can Cost You
For trucking companies, time is money. This sometimes means that unscrupulous companies will attempt to put new employees on the road without ensuring that they understand safety protocol or even have a valid commercial driver’s license. If an inadequately trained driver is responsible for your collision, the Denver truck accident lawyers of Dan Caplis Law know how to prove that, and how to hold the trucking company fully responsible.
Contact Dan Caplis Law at (303) 770-5551 to schedule your FREE initial consultation today! We are nationally recognized and have obtained millions for our clients.