Denver Truck Accident Attorney
Award-Winning Experience in Truck Accident Cases
At Dan Caplis Law, attorney Dan Caplis has successfully represented many clients in major truck accident cases in Colorado and beyond. Because of the sheer size and speed of trucks in comparison with other vehicles on the road.
These accidents can be devastating, often causing catastrophic injury or death. Our Denver truck accident lawyers work hard to advocate on behalf of injured victims, going up against negligent trucking drivers and large trucking companies to demand full, complete, and prompt compensation.
How to Prove Truck Driver Negligence
A negligent truck driver might cause an accident because of any of the following:
- Failing to check blind spots
- Making lane changes and turns too quickly
- Being overworked or overly tired
- Lack of proper vehicle maintenance
- Overloaded trucks
At Dan Caplis Law we retain top trucking industry expert witnesses, as well as engineers and accident reconstruction experts to ensure that trucking companies are held fully liable for all of the harm they cause.
The following are some potential causes to consider before filing a truck crash personal injury claim:
- Inadequate Training– Some accidents may be caused by inadequate training, meaning the driver of the truck was not properly trained in the operation of the vehicle and it led to the accident.
- Unrealistic Schedules– Some trucking companies reward drivers for hurrying without considering the risks involved. The carelessness of this sort can lead to accidents.
- Unsecured Cargo – If a truck is improperly loaded, cargo from the vehicle could fall into traffic and lead to an accident. Unsecured cargo that causes an accident may be the result of improper restraints or errors on the part of those responsible for loading cargo.
- Distracted Driving – The use of cell phones while driving is illegal and can lead to serious accidents. Other examples of distracted driving include distractions from passengers, navigation systems, and eating and drinking.
- Drowsy Driving – Federal regulations limit the number of hours a truck driver can drive as drowsy driving can cause serious accidents resulting in life-threatening injuries.
- Dangerous Roads – The improper maintenance of roadways can lead to accidents. Those responsible, the construction company or government agency may be held responsible.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Truck Accident Claims?
According to the Colorado Revised Statutes section 13-80-102(1)(a), you have up to two years to file a claim in a personal injury case including truck accident cases. In the event that the accident has resulted in the wrongful death of a loved one, you have up to three years to file your claim.
It's important that you contact an attorney sooner rather than later as there may be important documentation that needs to be collected such as:
- Photographic evidence from the scene of the accident
- Witness testimonies
- Or medical records
What Compensation Is Available for Truck Accident Injuries?
When a person is injured in a car accident, they may suffer from a myriad of injuries, such as:
- Seat belt injuries
- Broken bones
More serious truck wrecks can result in catastrophic injuries, such as brain and spinal injuries or severe burn injuries. If you have been injured in a truck accident, our firm has the experience to help. Let our Denver truck accident lawyers provide the legal counsel and courtroom representation you need after your accident.
Lack of Training Can Cost You
For trucking companies, time is money. This sometimes means that unscrupulous companies will attempt to put new employees on the road without ensuring that they understand safety protocol or even have a valid commercial driver’s license. If an inadequately trained driver is responsible for your collision, the Denver truck accident lawyers of Dan Caplis Law know how to prove that, and how to hold the trucking company fully responsible.
Why You Need an Experienced Truck Accident Attorney
Truck accidents can result in serious injuries and extensive property damage. When you're involved in a truck accident, it's crucial to have an experienced attorney on your side to protect your rights and help you navigate the complex legal process.
At Dan Caplis Law, our truck accident attorneys have a proven track record of success in handling these types of cases. We understand the unique challenges that truck accident cases present and have the knowledge and resources to build a strong case on your behalf.
Here are some reasons why you need an experienced truck accident attorney:
- Expertise in trucking regulations: Truck drivers and trucking companies are subject to strict regulations. An experienced attorney will have a deep understanding of these regulations and how they apply to your case.
- Investigation and evidence gathering: Truck accidents often require a thorough investigation to determine liability. An experienced attorney will know how to gather and preserve crucial evidence, such as black box data, driver logs, and maintenance records.
- Negotiation skills: Insurance companies representing trucking companies will often try to minimize their liability and offer low settlements. An experienced attorney will have strong negotiation skills to fight for fair compensation on your behalf.
- Knowledge of industry experts: Truck accident cases may require the testimony of industry experts, such as accident reconstruction specialists or trucking safety experts. An experienced attorney will have established relationships with these experts and know how to effectively utilize their testimony.
- Courtroom experience: In some cases, a truck accident lawsuit may need to go to trial. An experienced attorney will have the courtroom experience necessary to present a compelling case to a judge and jury.
Don't navigate the complexities of a truck accident case alone. Contact Dan Caplis Law today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your legal options.
Contact Dan Caplis Law at (303) 770-5551 to schedule your FREE initial consultation with our Denver truck accident lawyer today! We are nationally recognized and have obtained millions for our clients.
"Incredible Tenacity & Professionalism"Dan was a godsend to our family. I am a medically retired police officer that was run over and dragged half a block by a vehicle. Dan met me and my wife personally on several occasions during the process. He showed us his sincere empathy and willingness to fight this complex case.- John A.
Truly believe he gave his all and looked out for my best interest. Hope I never need an attorney again but if I do, it's Dan Caplis Law!- Mark L.
They didn’t give up til they were able to get as much as possible! I highly recommend them! What a blessing!!- Sue W.
We think very highly of Dan and can quickly endorse his services to anyone facing the confusing and bewildering challenges that result from wrongful personal injury.- Former Client