Babar Waheed, Esq.Personal Injury Attorney
Babar Waheed won his first district court jury trial in the very first week that the Colorado Supreme Court swore him in to practice law. Beginning with that very first jury trial, Babar has committed to representing the people against the powerful, the courageous against corporations, and the injured against insurance companies. Today, Babar is the managing member of Dan Caplis Law.
Areas of Expertise
Babar Waheed advocates on behalf of individuals from Denver, Colorado to the four corners of the state. Babar is primarily focused on injury law, including catastrophic injury, brain injury, and wrongful death. He also represents victims of drunk and drugged drivers. In 2018, Babar obtained a seven-figure judgment against a drunk driver that caused Babar’s client a head injury and approximately $53,000 in medical bills. Another particular focus of Babar's practice is trucking accidents and claims against trucking companies that knowingly put unsafe semi-trucks on the road driven by unsafe truck drivers. In 2017, Babar, together with Dan, secured a stipulation to a multi-million dollar judgment against a dump-truck company whose driver negligently turned in front of an elderly couple, causing significant orthopedic injuries. Babar has also represented victims of race discrimination.
Industry Recognition and Awards
Multiple committees and organizations recognize Babar Waheed as a leading attorney in Denver, Colorado. The recognitions include:
- The National Trial Lawyers - Colorado's Top 40 under 40 for Civil Plaintiff's Litigation (2017 and 2018)
- American Society of Legal Advocates – Top 40 Litigation Lawyer under 40 (2018)
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys - Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys Under 40 in Colorado (2018)
Babar is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a distinction limited to attorneys who have earned million dollar verdicts or settlements.
Memberships and Associations
Locally, Babar Waheed is a member of the Colorado Bar Association and Colorado Trial Lawyers Association; and nationally, he is a member of the American Association of Justice and Association of Plaintiff's Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America. Babar also serves as an editor for Colorado TrialTalk, a legal journal that features articles on current legal topics and innovative trial techniques.
Recent Case Publications
- Simmons v. Liberty Mut. Ins. Co., No. 16-CV-3097-WJM-KLM, 2018 WL 1138296 (D. Colo. Mar. 2, 2018)
- Am. Select Ins. Co. v. Johnson, No. 17-CV-01369-CMA-KLM, 2017 WL 5256344 (D. Colo. Nov. 13, 2017)
- Creek Red Nation, LLC v. Jeffco Midget Football Ass'n, Inc., 175 F. Supp. 3d 1290 (D. Colo. 2016)
Babar Waheed's commitment to individuals, families, and the community is not limited to his practice of law at Dan Caplis Law. He volunteers with the Colorado Legal Committee and participates in Denver Legal Night, an open house where volunteer attorneys provide free legal information to people who cannot afford legal services. Babar is a former volunteer with the Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Colorado and Aurora Youth Options. Babar recently completed a multi-year mentoring commitment with Minds Matter of Denver, an organization that provides mentoring and other resources to high-achieving high school students from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- University of Colorado at Boulder, J.D. (2006)
- University of Colorado at Boulder, B.S. Business (2003)