Babar Waheed, Esq.Personal Injury Attorney
Babar Waheed won his first district court jury trial in the first week that the Colorado Supreme Court swore him in to practice law. Beginning with that first jury trial, Babar has committed to representing the people against the powerful, the courageous against corporations, and the injured against insurance companies. Today, Babar is a partner at Dan Caplis Law.
Areas of Expertise
Babar Waheed advocates on behalf of individuals from Denver, Colorado to the four corners of the state. Babar is primarily focused on injury law, including catastrophic injury, brain injury, and wrongful death. He also represents victims of drunk and drugged drivers.
- In 2018, Babar obtained a $1.2 million judgment against a drunk driver that caused his client a head injury.
- In 2019, a couple weeks before a jury trial was set to begin, Babar settled a case for $1,000,000 on behalf of a pedestrian that was struck by a car and suffered life-altering lower-limb injuries.
- Also in 2019, Babar, together with Dan Caplis, represented a brother and sister at trial after the defendant-driver, working for a transport company, fell asleep behind the wheel and crashed into the family vehicle at 75 miles per hour. Both parents were killed and the siblings suffered significant injuries. The jury returned a verdict for over $25 million and found that the transport company was responsible for the driver’s negligence.
Industry Recognition and Awards
Multiple committees and organizations recognize Babar Waheed as a leading attorney in Denver, Colorado. The recognitions include:
- The National Trial Lawyers - Colorado's Top 40 under 40 for Civil Plaintiff's Litigation (2017, 2018, 2019)
- American Society of Legal Advocates – Top 40 Litigation Lawyer under 40 (2018, 2019)
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys - Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys Under 40 in Colorado (2018, 2019)
Babar is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a distinction limited to attorneys who have earned million-dollar verdicts or settlements.
Memberships and Associations
Locally, Babar Waheed is a member of the Colorado Bar Association and Colorado Trial Lawyers Association; and nationally, he is a member of the American Association of Justice and Association of Plaintiff's Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America. Babar also serves as an editor for Colorado TrialTalk, a legal journal that features articles on current legal topics and innovative trial techniques.
Recent Case Publications
- Simmons v. Liberty Mut. Ins. Co., No. 16-CV-3097-WJM-KLM, 2018 WL 1138296 (D. Colo. Mar. 2, 2018)
- Am. Select Ins. Co. v. Johnson, No. 17-CV-01369-CMA-KLM, 2017 WL 5256344 (D. Colo. Nov. 13, 2017)
- Creek Red Nation, LLC v. Jeffco Midget Football Ass'n, Inc., 175 F. Supp. 3d 1290 (D. Colo. 2016)
Babar Waheed's commitment to individuals, families, and the community is not limited to his practice of law at Dan Caplis Law. He volunteers with the Colorado Legal Committee and participates in Denver Legal Night, an open house where volunteer attorneys provide free legal information to people who cannot afford legal services. Babar is a former volunteer with the Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Colorado and Aurora Youth Options. Babar recently completed a multi-year mentoring commitment with Minds Matter of Denver, an organization that provides mentoring and other resources to high-achieving high school students from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- University of Colorado at Boulder, J.D. (2006)
- University of Colorado at Boulder, B.S. Business (2003)
$26.6 Million Verdict
$1.2 Million Judgment
Drunk Driving Accident
$1 Million Settlement