Eric Ballou, Esq.Associate Attorney
Eric Ballou has represented people injured or wronged by others, including large businesses and insurance companies, his entire career obtaining over $10 million in settlements and judgments on their behalf. He was raised in Madill, a manufacturing and agricultural county seat in southern Oklahoma with a grand courthouse in the middle of town square, where he learned small-town values: hard work, relationship building, and willingness to help others. Those values continue to guide his practice today as an attorney and Director of Pre-Litigation at Dan Caplis Law.
Eric has earned an excellent reputation in the legal community, and forged strong working relationships with judges, mediators, and other attorneys. Mr. Ballou was selected for inclusion in the 2019 list of Rising Stars by Colorado Super Lawyers® Magazine. This distinction is reserved for attorneys who have demonstrated outstanding professional achievement in their field or practice and no more than 2.5 percent are named to the Rising Stars list. Taking a practical, no-nonsense approach to cases, he has the necessary expertise and resources to achieve consistently favorable outcomes on behalf of his clients whether through skillful settlement negotiation or trial advocacy. As a proud Eagle Scout, he brings the motto “Be Prepared” to all his cases.
He now resides in Thornton, Colorado with his wife, Kacie, his sons, Grayson and Cormac, and his faithful dog, Atticus. If not playing backyard baseball, you might find him camping at one of Colorado’s beautiful state or national parks.
Areas of Expertise:
- Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Slip/Trip and Fall Injuries
- Dog Bites
- Wrongful Death
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Medical Malpractice
- Construction Defect
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Juris Doctor (J.D.) with Distinction
- Academic Achievement Award (Top Student) in Client Counseling & Interviewing
- National Moot Court Team
- Board of Advocates
- Student Bar Association Board of Governors
- Dean’s List
- Oklahoma State University, Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Finance with Honors
- Oklahoma Intercollegiate Legislature, Governor
- Student Bar Association, Supreme Court Chief Justice
OSU Speakers Bureau, coordinated engagements with, among others:
- Margaret Thatcher (former Prime Minister of United Kingdom)
- Rubin “Hurricane” Carter (former boxer, defender of the wrongfully convicted)
- Jan Schlichtmann (attorney popularized in film “A Civil Action”)
- Dr. Robert Ballard (renowned oceanographer and underwater archeologist)
- Colorado Super Lawyers recognizes Eric as a “Rising Star” for excellence in legal practice, an honor given to only 2.5 percent of all Colorado attorneys.
- The National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys names him a Top 10 Under 40 Attorney for his expertise, hard work, commitment and dedication in representing injured clients, as well as for countless hours spent mastering the craft of personal injury representation.
- The American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys names him one of its 10 Best Colorado Attorneys for exceptional and outstanding client service.
- The National Trial Lawyers recognizes Eric as a Top 100 Civil Plaintiff’s Lawyer for demonstrating superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature, and public profile.
- Eric is named among America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators for exceptional advocacy, ethics, and legal success.
- Attorney and Practice Magazine names him a Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney for excellence in practice, and dedication to the legal field and community.
- The Order of Barristers inducted Eric into its membership for excellent in courtroom advocacy.
- Eric is an Eagle member of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, and a member of the Colorado, Oklahoma, and Denver Bar Associations.
- He is admitted to practice in the State of Colorado, State of Oklahoma, and U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado